TOP 10 SUCCESSFUL
10. Xu Jinglei - She has been quiet and inactive for the past few years but 2007 was a breakthrough year for her mainly because of her popular and successful Sina blog which is the first to draw in millions of readers.
9. Carina Lau Ka Leng (Liu Jialing) - 2007 has been a fruitful year for the actress. She was the ambassador for this year’s Golden Rooster and Full Blossom Film Festival and was awarded Best Actress at the same festival. It is also rumoured that she and long-time boyfriend, Tony Leung Chiu Wai, are planning to tie the knot in the near future.
8. Gao Yuanyuan – She was rumoured to be involved in a love triangle with her co-star for stage play, “Beautiful Encounter” actor Xia Yu and his long-time girlfriend, singer-actress Yuan Quan, which made headlines across the entertainment circle this year. Xia Yu and Yuan Quan have recently reconciled, leaving Gao Yuan Yuan the awkward party. Nonetheless, the actress has worked on a number of high-profile projects which
all saw success this year.
all saw success this year.
7. Liu Yifei – The young starlet’s management has recently announced that her schedule for next year has already been fully booked. It is no surprise that the little lady of yesterday has transformed into a matured and sexy female star.
6. Li Yuchun – Emerging as an entertainment artist from the masses, the 2005 “Super Girl” champion is no doubt the most successful artist at current. Her personality and style is seen as charismatic and charming to the audience.
5. Zhang Ziyi - From Zhang Yimou’s “The Road Home” to Ang Lee’s “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon”, the influential Chinese actress has no doubt seen tremendous success. Although being down in love for a year after breaking up with wealthy heir, Huo Qishan, Zhang Ziyi has since gone back in love again, this time, with Israeli multi-millionaire, Vivi Nevo.
4. Cecilia Cheung Pak Zhi (Zhang Bozhi) – 2007 has been a year which saw romantic success for the Hongkong actress after her marriage with actor Nicholas Tse and birth of son, Lucas Tse.
3. Fan Bingbing – 2007 has been a victorious year for her. She won praises for her performance in movie “Lost in Beijing” and went on to be the first Chinese to win the Best Actress award for The 4th Eurasia Film Festival. Fan Bingbing also went home as Best Supporting Actress for this year’s Golden Horse Awards.
2. Li Bingbing – Her performance in movie “The Knot” saw her being awarded Best Actress for three major award festivals this year. In addition, Li Bingbing was nominated for Best Actress for both The Golden Rooster Film Festival and the recent Golden Horse Awards.
1. Tang Wei – The newcomer turned famous overnight after going bare in award-winning movie “Lust Caution”, which is also China’s most talked about film this year. Tang Wei was also awarded Best New Performer at this year’s Golden Horse Awards.